Sunday, September 21, 2008

Get The Camera!!!

Some of you may know that this time of year means Hot Air Balloons, at least for one weekend. Well, The Balloon festival was this weekend. Every year the balloons are launched out @ White Sands & over town. We (I) have always love them, driving around town to get to them. I love when you can hear them over your house...the sound the flame makes. This year was no exception. Here's our story, from my point of view.

It's Sunday morning and we (I) am very distracted by the balloons. Going out often to look, take pictures, etc. I finally got into the shower...as I get out and am toweling off, I hear people shouting and the balloons flames very loud. I quickly open the bathroom window to see strange people in our street. I realize that there is a balloon right near our house. I yell to anyone who can hear me, "Get the camera! Get the camera!" I'm trying to dry, dress very quickly. I peek out the kitchen window and realize the balloon landed in our driveway!!!! NO WAY!! "Get the camera!" I surely don't want to miss this. By the time I get dried and dressed enough, the balloon is in the street. Remember, there are strange people all around, even a police man. I'm in a skirt, t-shirt and wet hair out there taking these pics. Am I obsessed!! Haha! The following are the pictures. I do have more, if you'd like.
This is the balloon crew dragging the balloon out to the street.
It's RIGHT there! Can you believe it!
Taking it down in our street.


What an awesome experience! We have seen the balloons land before, but to have one land in your driveway...WOW!!!! Oh, we all made it to church on time!

1 comment:

Anne of Alamo said...

love those shots...our whole family was huddled around the laptop...
fun fun fun